Walt's talking up some rare finds on the show.
Join Josh, Scott, and Chuck discussing character development and more on this episode of LIVE! on Keystroke Medium.
What does it take to write characters readers connect with, ones they'll never forget?
We'll ask Jonathan Maberry, author of the hit Joe Ledger series and the Netflix-filmed V Wars novels, exactly how he does it.
* Relentless: A Joe Ledger and Rogue Team International Novel, by Jonathan Maberry https://amzn.to/3cMk8Bb
* Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook, by Donald Maass https://amzn.to/3eTPXe0
It's been a week. I haven't been meeting my goals as I'd like, but I had a good writing day today, reworked my plan and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's always about tomorrow.
This episode is about how studying games can help you write better fiction. Thinking about:
- Worldbuilding and information flow
- Character agency, character power
- The gameplay loop as a model to keep readers engaged
- Story cookies that keep readers engaged even when the action slows down
- Games are increasingly addictive.
- How can you manage your time and meet your writing goals and play Cyberpunk 2077 (glitches and all).
Thanks for listening!
Welcome to another episode of Kalene's Story Time! Join me as I narrate Chapter One of "Operation Cobalt" by L.L. Richman.
“They want a fight? She’ll give it to them.” https://amzn.to/3s3EZ9G
Ever wonder what it'd be like operating a ship with a puppy on board? Oh, and--watch out!
Welcome to another episode of Kalene's Story Time! Join me as I narrate Chapter One of "The King of Sidonia" by Richard Fox and Lauren Moore.
“A peaceful planet under attack. One king stands in the way.” https://amzn.to/3rfDHYF
The King of Sidonia works first hand to rid his city of those who would rather see it crumble. And his Queen doesn't take kindly to being left out of the fun.
Crazy Coffee People! Join us to get the melodic tones of Kalene Williams as we talk up her show, Kalene's Story Time.